Induction course in mathematics
The induction course in mathematics gives you the fundamentals that you need in order to follow the main course without any problems.
These courses are for people who do not have the necessary grounding in mathematics as well as for candidates who feel that they need a brush-up.
The mathematics course covers the following topics:
- General foundation: the Greek alphabet, arithmetics, relations between figures, logic, constants, variables, coefficients
- Algebra: indices, exponents, sums, term transformations, factorisation, solving an equation with an unknown, solving an equation with two unknowns
- Functions: general, special and inverse functions, graphical depiction of functions, table of values for a function, functions with several variables, ceteris paribus analyses, slopes (vertical and horizontal difference), intercepts, potential, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Differential calculus: differences, rates of change, gradient, first derivative, second derivative, partial derivative
- Statistics and theory of probabilities: statistical presentations, statistical evaluation methods (arithmetic mean, weighted mean, geometrical mean), dispersion (variation range, mean deviation, variance, standard deviation), mathematical expectation, binomial distribution, normal distribution, covariance, correlation, ordinary linear regression, multiple linear regression, coefficients of determination, statistical tests