Please find below some Frequently asked questions about the Swiss Financial Analysts Association (SFAA). Click on a question below, to drop down to the answer.
- To achieve high standards of training and vocational practice.
- Worldwide networking of the profession.
- Cultivate contact with the leading Swiss training institutions in the financial services industry as well as with universities.
- Promote quality and ethical conduct throughout the industry.
- Enhance the public image of the profession.
- Financial analysts, credit analysts and investment fund analysts
- Portfolio managers
- Wealth managers
- Investment advisors
- Asset managers
- Investment fund managers
- Relationship managers
- Economic researchers (such as currency forecasters etc.)
- Professionals in support functions
Membership entitles you to a large number of free services:
- SFAA Club and AZEK Campus
- SFAA News
- Access to the SFAA membership list
- Handbook of Best Practice
- Special rates for events and seminars
- The General Meeting, with dinner and entertainment etc.
SFAA wishes to offer its members the opportunity to find out about new topics and also to get together to exchange ideas.
SFAA wishes to offer its members the opportunity for continued professional development.
The organization has approximately 2’800 members, with around 100 members join each year.
The Handbook of Best Practice replaced the Code of Conduct and is intended to promote compliance with ethical standards. SFAA member have to sign a declaration on a regular basis, stating that they promise to observe the ethical standards set out in the Handbook. Members refusing to sign are expelled from SFAA.
For holders of an Advanced Federal Diploma of the SFAA the annual subscription fee is CHF 195.
For all other persons the annual subscription fee is CHF 295.
SFAA is the organisation that the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI has recognised as the examining and awarding body in relation to the diplomas.
Yes, the secretariat of the SFAA must be given written notice of resignation for the following year by no later than the end of December. Important note: holders of an international diploma (CIIA or CIWM) forfeit their diplomas if they leave the association and are no longer entitled to use these designations.