The Diploma program is aimed at experienced client advisors in private banking/wealth management. The prerequisite for a competent and qualified advice is a comprehensive understanding of the individual needs of the clients and the increasingly complex financial products and investment opportunities. On successful completion both the Advanced Federal and the International Diploma of Certified International Wealth Manager CIWM, recognized in countries in Europe, North America and Asia, are awarded.
The program is aimed at experienced investment advisors, financial planners, wealth managers, asset managers and professionals in private banking.
- Develop and implement an acquisition strategy, expand the client base, grow assets under management.
- Supervise accounts and manage complex contractual relationships.
- Analyse client needs and propose investment solutions based thereon.
- Sound knowledge of corporate finance and value creation mechanisms to assist clients in choosing investment projects and assessing company performance.
- Analyse individual needs in terms of retirement planning, succession planning and the implementation of philantropy projects and optimising clients’ wealth situation.
- Lead wealth management teams, promote the professional development of employees. Ensure that ethical principles and professional ethics of the company as well as sustainable development guidelines are taken into account.
- Wealth Management
- Theory, portfolio selection, optimization, hedging
- Financial instruments
- Behavioral Finance
- Relationship Management
- Taxation of derivatives, structured product
- Client acquisitionand follow-up, product distribution, sustainable investments, pension systems, succession planning, real estate law
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- The course can be booked with teaching in classroom/via zoom or distance-learning format.
- The study material on the learning platform includes the complete syllabus and contains course documents, videos, a forum, past exams with solutions and exam simulation with test questions.
- Course material is in English, teaching language is German or French.
- Optional preparatory courses in mathematics and accounting.
- Start in September (distance-learning any time).
- The time necessary to complete the program is about 300-400 hours, depending on the students’ previous knowledge, corresponding to around 16 hours per week. In the format with teaching, around 100 hours of the total effort are teaching lessons.
- Examination after one semester.
- 2 written exams (open questions) and 1 oral exam.
- The exams can be taken in March and September.
- Programme with teaching in classroom/via zoom (1 semester): CHF 5’400
- Programme in distance-learning format (1 semester): CHF 4’600
- Examination fees: CHF 1’600
- Students having paid the training expenses themselves are entitled to reclaim 50% of the costs from the Swiss Confederation(conditions see here). The examination cost of CHF 1’600 are not subject to the refund.
The training is conceived as in-service training and a minimum of professional experience in finance is required to obtain the diploma. The following applies at the time of the final examination:
- Apprenticeship/Swiss Matura: 5 years
- Degree of universityof sciences: 3 years
- University degree: 2 years
Admission with AWM, CIIA, certification SAQ (CWMA or Affluent Clients), Bachelor in Banking and Finance of a college of higher education, a university of applied sciences or a university.
After successful completion of the final examination, the Federal Diploma of Advances Studies of Expert in Finance and Investment and the international diploma of Certified International Wealth Manager CIWM are awarded. The use of the title CIWM requires membership of the Swiss Financial Analysts Association SFAA.