The program is aimed at experienced investment professionals in the fields of financial analysis and portfolio management. Their knowhow and expertise is a key element in the value chain of the financial institutes. The program covers the topics of economics, corporate finance and accounting, valuation and analysis of financial instruments, portfolio theory and the regulatory framework both at a national and international level. The training combines profound theoretical knowledge with practical skills. Graduates are eligible for senior positions. On successful completion both the Swiss and the International Diploma of Certified International Investment Analyst CIIA®, recognized by professional organizations and international regulators, are awarded.
The program is aimed at experienced financial analysts, investment managers, asset managers, portfolio and fund managers, investment advisors, derivatives and structured products specialists, IT experts and journalists or lawyers operating in the financial sector.
- Financial accounting and corporate finance
- Know fundamentals and principles of financial accounting and corporate finance
- Financial instrument and portfolios
- Role, function and valuation mechanisms of financial instruments and portfolios
- Structure and manage portfolios of listed or over-the-counter equities and bonds, use of derivatives and management of specific or market-related risks
- Basics and practices for the comprehensive assessment of the earning power of asset portfolios and for buy and sell recommendations
- Legal environment
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations, practices and taxation of local and regional financial markets and of the analysed companies and financial instruments.
- Financial accounting
- Financial statement analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Equity valuation and analysis
- Valuation and analysis of bonds and derivative
- Portfolio management
- Ethics, regulationand taxes
- The course can be booked with classroom or distance-learning format.
- The study material on the learning platform includes the complete syllabus and contains course documents, videos, a forum, past exams with solutions and exam simulation with test questions.
- Course material is in English, teaching language is German or French.
- The time necessary to complete the program is about 600-800 hours, depending on the students’ previous knowledge, corresponding to around 16 hours per week. In the format with teaching, around 200 hours of the total effort are teaching lessons.
- Optional preparatory courses in mathematics and accounting.
- Intermediate examination after one semester, final examination after the second semester.
- Programme with teaching (2 semesters): CHF 10’800
- Programme in distance-learning format (2 semesters): CHF 9’200
- Examination fees: CHF 1’600 each for intermediate examination and final examination
- Students having paid the training expenses themselves are entitled to reclaim 50% of the costs from the Swiss Confederation(conditions see here). The final examination of CHF 1’600 are not subject to the refund.
The training is conceived as in-service training and a minimum of professional experience in finance is required to obtain the diploma. The following applies at the time of the final examination:
- Apprenticeship/Swiss Matura: 5 years
- Degree of universityof sciences: 3 years
- University degree: 2 years
After successful completion of the final examination, the Federal Diploma of Certified Financial Analyst and Portfolio Manager and the international diploma of Certified International Investment Advisor CIIA are awarded.